35 weeks!
This weekend we drove up to Lake Tahoe for dinner on the water. I love it up there, it is amazingly gorgeous. It's been fun to have had these last few months with just Garrit and I by ourselves. Yes, I've been lonely and bored during the day sometimes, but overall, it's been great to have time together for the last bit of just being "us." From our day trips to random towns to San Francisco to camping, it has been great to hang out with my husband. I'll sure miss him for the couple of weeks that I'm at Mom and Dads house and he's still finishing work up North.
For the last couple of evenings I've been working on a mobile for Owen. I can't find one that I really like that's anywhere near my price range, but I'm a crafty girl- I've got this! Here's my inspiration:
So far I've made a fox and a raccoon, and I plan on making a bear, a squirrel, and an owl to go with them. Depending on how ambitious I get, who knows how many little felt animals I'll end up with. I bought every color of felt at Joann's (they love me there) so I have plenty of materials! It's fun to make stuff for this boy, it keeps my mind and hands busy.
I'm feeling pretty good, and getting SO excited to meet this kid. Apparently he's excited too, because he's been kicking me so hard it has brought tears to my eyes. Carley told me about someone who's baby actually broke her rib from kicking so hard. Honestly, that doesn't surprise me at all. Owen is going all Incredible Hulk in there on a daily basis. Silly boy. He can move around all he wants and be a crazy man, just as long as he turns head down and stays that way in about 4-5 weeks!
Yay! Owen! That is our baby boy name (my great-great grandpa was full Irish). Such a cute mobile and you just missed my mom! She was in Tahoe last week too. :) So excited to see your mobile. Take care Casey.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but your pregnancy is flying by for me!! haha. You look so great for being due in 5 weeks! Can't wait to see the little guy!
ReplyDelete