Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

34 weeks and counting!

34 weeks! (with my slurpee-reward for waiting at the Drs office)

34 weeks- I can hardly believe it! Time is going by so quickly now. In roughly 17 days I'll be at Mom and Dad's house, getting all of this boy's little things organized. I'm super excited. Moving every 10 weeks has made for an eventful pregnancy, that's for sure. I've been blessed to have had nice places to live everywhere, but I'm SO DONE with moving around. But it's likely that I get to move at the end of December again...woo. It'll be nice to be at mom's and have her to take care of me for the last few weeks of  pregnancy. I have the best mom in the world! (and my dad is pretty awesome too for letting a grumpy pregnant lady and then a screaming newborn come throw off the groove in his quiet, peaceful house.)

 This week...hmm. We went to Pyramid Lake...
It was kind of weird, honestly. It reminded me of Lake Mead crossed with the Great Salt Lake. Completely desolate, with only one or two boats on the water. But it made me want to go boating again so bad, I loved being on the water so much this summer with the Pruyts.







On the way back, we stopped and had lunch in Sparks at the Blind Onion. SO GOOD. Then we went to Scheels- a HUGE sporting goods store like Bass Pro or Cabelas. But Scheels has a Ferris wheel. in the middle of the store. Pretty awesome. In the same mall they had a Carter's outlet, a Baby Gap outlet, and a Gymboree outlet. So yes, little man got another couple of things, including his "going home" outfit. I'm excited to get to Vegas and wash everything and take inventory of all his stuff. Garrit is convinced he has everything he needs. I am convinced that my husband has no idea how babies are capable of rapidly destroying their clothing :)

Went to the Dr again today, the same nurse was concerned about how "small" my belly is. Ummm...we've gone over that. Multiple times. I'm long bodied, the kid likes to hang out in my back all morning, and last week the doc said I'm good. And my sisters measured small, then had good sized babies. She eventually conceded, and said, well, maybe. I should go in to the office one afternoon right before they close and show her how big this belly actually is. This kid is NOT small, and he's SMASHING my insides, even as I type. This morning, my stomach seems to be his favorite punching bag. Last night, he was practicing Ken-Po on my bladder. He's using up what space he has, that's for sure :)

Just a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment