36 weeks!
Anyone in the market for a chin? I have an extra one that's available for a low, low price for a limited time only!
Four weeks left with this baby inside me. Wow. This week has been unusually long for me. I guess it's all the anticipation of seeing my family on FRIDAY!
I've felt pretty good this week, just tired. It could have something to
do with waking up 5 times during the night to go to the bathroom. Owen
is still enjoying sticking his elbow into my left side. It's so lovely. I
push it back in slowly, and he'll let me push it, but as soon as I
completely move my hand away, he's sticking it right back out again.
Maybe his arms and legs are getting crowded in there! Today at my
doctor's appointment, I saw a different nurse than I usually do. I liked
this one (Jackie) SO MUCH BETTER. The other lady always made me nervous
about my size, but this nurse was much more relaxed. She pointed out
that my abs are all still connected to each other- not something that
typically happens with the patients they see daily. Most of the ladies
who go to that office are super classy* and aren't so good at taking
care of themselves. Nurse Jackie said that the kid isn't popping out
like crazy (like the other patients) because I actually still have
something to keep him tucked in. Yay me! Maybe I'll be able to get my
body back super quick! As of today, I've gained a grad total of 20 lbs.
not too shabby at all. These last 4 weeks I've gained about a pound a
week. Yikes. I hope that doesn't continue for the next 4 weeks. At every
appointment the ask you if you've been having any contractions. I told
the nurse I hadn't noticed any. She marked it in my chart, then turned
back around to put the doppler on my belly to check his heartbeat. She
started laughing and said "you're having a contraction right now!" I
said "That's a contraction? I have those ALL the time. I thought he was
just moving weird." Apparently, contractions don't have to hurt like I
thought they did, and that I'm having lots of them every day. Which is
fine by me. As long as they don't start hurting consistently, I'm still
good. And now, how far along I am, even if they did start for real,
everything would be fine. But I'd much rather that this boy waited until his scheduled arrival date- so I can be at home, and so Garrit will for sure make it. The thought of him not being there s a bit nerve wracking for me, I'm not going to lie.
Garrit was out of town this last weekend helping Bryce and Teresa move to Montana, but I managed to keep myself busy. On Saturday morning I went to Candy Dance (a craft fair) with Sara. I was so surprised at how many people were there! People come from hours away to go to Candy Dance every year- they are like hardcore about it! I thought it was only supposed to be like 72 degrees that day, but it was more like 82- fine, except for I was trying to dress cute and wore skinny jeans and layered shirts. NOT a good idea for a preggo who is always hot anyway. And the skinny jeans? Yeah, they are my pre-pregnancy stretchy jeans, and they were definitely at maximum stretch that morning. Fine and dandy, until you try to pull your pants back up inside of a little port-a-potty after you've been walking around sweating all morning. Remember the episode of Friends with Ross and the leather pants? Just imagine me instead...
Anyway... I've made some really fun friends here- Sara, Tiffany, Katie, and Naomi.These girls have been lifesavers. Sara is amazing. The Relief Society president basically asked her to talk to me my first week here (which could have been super awkward for both of us), and she's gone above and beyond in being my friend. There's such a cool group of ladies here, I'll be sad to leave them. They surprised me with a little shower/lunch at the park last week. I didn't expect to make friends up here so quickly. They're all going down to Vegas together for a girls weekend at the end of the month, and they've promised that they'll come see me and the baby-if he's born, or make me walk the strip with them until I go into labor if he hasn't come yet :)
Saturday evening was the RS general broadcast, and that was amazing, as usual. President Eyring was the keynote speaker, and wow. He is so tender, I loved the way he talked about his daughter. I look forward to General Conference next week and the chance to listen to a living prophet. We are so blessed.
Can't wait to see that belly! And I have to tell you, those little contractions are NOTHING compared to labor. NOTHING. haha
ReplyDeleteCasey! You look fantastic! Don't listen to what people say...everyone seems to think they are an expert on pregnancy nowadays. :) Glad to hear that you and the babe are doing well! Keep us posted...we're so excited for you guys!!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete