Our Thanksgiving turned out to be really fun! We met at the church with 6 other families (all law families and bishop) and each brought our favorite things. I made cranberry sauce, a razzleberry pie, and stuffing. Garrit made delicious buttered carrots. We ended up with 2 turkeys, ham, three kinds of stuffing, sweet potato pie, mashed potatoes, 2 gallons of gravy, and 14 different kinds of pie. It was amazing. After we ate, the guys all played basketball a bit and did the dishes, we shot some pool, and the girls all sat around and talked. Not a bad way to spend our afternoon! We definitely plan on doing Thanksgiving like this again!
Even though we missed the Owens tradition of visiting Brother Stratton for our Christmas trees and lunch at the Pizza Factory, we had fun getting our tree, decorating our house, hitting the Black Friday sales, and going to Jacksonville Landing. That's pretty much the coolest Thanksgiving weekend tradition down here; the city puts on a boat parade and then there's a MASSIVE fireworks display. I'm talking about 3 barges and 2 bridges loaded with fireworks. Let me show you what I mean..
Excuse my crazy hair, I had had my hood on all evening because it was finally cold outside! It has been in the 80's all week, but we were down near 40 and by the water with the breeze it was a bit chilly.
The boat parade was just slightly different than the one at Lake Mead! There were at least 50 different entries, ranging from 21 footers who looked like they were about the be swamped by the churning river to huge yachts and sailboats professionally decorated. Very fun! You all need to come visit US next Thanksgiving!
| Our cute tree |
Sounds so fun, that would be a fun thing to do, but I don't know if we could pass up seeing the prophet Stratton and eating at the pizza factory!!! It was Really fun, no stress, but I missed my girls thats for sure. I love your tree, it seems a little tilted, may just be the angle, very cute! I think what it really needs is about 23 years worth of hallmark ornaments,
ReplyDeleteYou may be right Mom...Ralph the Christmas tree is looking slightly off-kilter. Between Garrit and I we have well over 50 ornaments!
ReplyDelete