It's been forever and a day since I blogged, and much has happened. We up and moved again, this time to Carson City. Garrit got a job earlier than we expected, so we made the incredibly boring drive from Las Vegas to Carson and found a home. In 24 days from start to finish, we found, offered, closed and moved in to our first real home. We've moved SO many times, and it's nice to be in a place, in OUR house, where we will stay for many years to come. Everything fell into place so perfectly with the job and someone to take Garrit's old job that he had to leave early (Geri you are a life saver!) and with finding a house. The market up here is pretty sparse, but we found exactly what we needed and wanted. I love my house!
Last week my baby sister graduated high school, and O and I went down for it. I'm so proud of her. Cristina is one of the smartest, most athletic, most beautiful girls I know! She's going to BYU-H to play volleyball. I love you Crisser!
The biggest adventure happening around here is that Joseph Scott, baby boy #2 is expected to be making his entrance to the world and our family in early August!
 |
| at 28 weeks |
This pregnancy has had a LOT of the same challenges as Owen's, but this time I knew what works best for my body and baby. Still, hyperemesis gravidarum (think morning sickness times a thousand) is not fun. At all. I lost a good 15 pounds in my first trimester, even with a strict medication schedule. Thankfully, unlike with Owen, the vomiting eased up around week 20, and since then I've only had to take the medication once or twice a week, instead of every few hours. Now, at week 32, I'm enjoying the typical pregnancy symptoms- heartburn, leg cramps, interrupted sleep, exhaustion, all while chasing a 19 month old who likes to throw dirt, eat rocks and random construction debris he finds in the garage, and climb on the kitchen table. But I'm loving it! I'm so excited to have another boy, and for the adventures to continue!
 |
| The boys enjoying the new backyard |
No comments:
Post a Comment