Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A month already?



It's hard to believe that it's already been a month since this perfect boy came to our family, yet it's like he;s already been here forever. Owen is getting to be more fun everyday. He's still stingy with his smiles, except for his Grandmas. Both Grandma Susan and Grandma Jolene can get him smiling better than I can! He's a good sleeper, only waking up twice during the night to eat, and usually going immediately back to sleep afterwards, then waking up at about 6:30 for the day. He seems to love the mornings, and sitting in the sun in his bouncer. He is such a noisy sleeper. He grunts, moans, squeaks, and snores. He's full of baby dinosaur noises!
This week Mom and I took Owen to Rockville for the first time. The drive was no big deal, until we'd been shopping all day and he just wanted to nurse and cuddle rather than be strapped in the car seat. But who can blame him? It was great to be up there and relax and hang out with Grandma. She's got her Christmas decorations all up, so I put Owen under the tree to look up at the lights. His eyes got so wide, and he laid there not moving,  amazed by what he saw. Courtney and I used to lay under the Christmas tree when we were little and look up at the inside of the tree, and I figured now was the best time to teach Owen the best perspective on a tree :)
Owen with his Great Grandma

This morning Garrit had a real "Dad" moment. He and Owen were laying on the bed, and he was laughing at how loudly his boy was filling his diaper- Until Owen overfilled his diaper all over Garrit's arm and his side of the bed. I could not stop laughing. He, however, did not see the same hilarity.

We love our boy, and we're so happy that he's ours forever!

1 comment:

  1. Cherished moments...thank you for sharing. He is a beautiful little guy. Great Blue Eyes.
    Love,
    Sheilah

    ReplyDelete